Does anyone else feel guilty

when your husband wants you to go outside sledding with him and the kids but you really don't want too? I have no desire to do that at all. I shouldn't feel guilty for my feelings.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• If it was sledding specifically, no I wouldn't feel guilty because the cold has a horribly negative impact on me. Now, there are some times that they're doing an activity outside that I just don't really WANT to go do because I'm not at all outdoorsy but I do because I feel like I should and I end up loving it!
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 3:53 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I think once in a while you need to do things that you do not really want to. This will be a memory. Share it with your family.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:54 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I wouldn't feel guilty but I would worry someone else out there will enjoy sledding with my family

Answer by admckenzie at 3:54 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Guilt is the socialized expectation that you'll want to do what you're supposed to do, but don't actually want to.

I don't feel guilty for my choices because I do what I want to and seriously do not care what anyone thinks of that. Since I'm not pretending to go along with 'what they think I should do should be important to me' nonsense, I don't get guilty. And, I also have few regrets in life --mostly just things I didn't know that would have prevented mistakes, rather than 'gee, I wish I'd have done X.'

You can go in two directions: go anyhow (if you tend to have a very narrow life, without much interest in it), because it might be fun and at least it's not polishing silver... or do something you actually find interesting and enjoyable instead of going along. Standing around feeling guilty is a no-fun option that's just being mean to you and is pointless to everyone else.

You feeling guilt doesn't get mom out with them.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I don't think you should feel guilty, but personally, i would not want to miss out no matter how cold....
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 3:58 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• no
    Diana K.

Answer by Diana K. at 6:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• No don't feel guilty.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 9:27 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I tell you, my dh and children invite me to do something and I tell them I don't want to. Within 10 min I'm headed to find them because I feel guilty lol.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:02 AM on Jan. 24, 2011