Sleep with you?

Do you allow your 3-4 year old to sleep with you? How often?

BaileysMom476

Asked by BaileysMom476 at 3:59 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• No - but sometimes on a Sat morning they would come in and snuggle with us when they were that age.

Answer by missanc at 4:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• When our 14 yr old was little, we co-slept. I loved it and it was a good fit for our family and lifestyle. Our other children have come to our family via the DHS system and can't sleep with us and it's worked out fine. My son just turned 5 and he would like to sleep with us some, but every time I've ever relented I don't sleep a wink - he hops all over the bed and kicks, etc - so we just have a firm rule... everyone has their own bed. LOL
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 4:01 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• my 4 yr olddoesnt even want to! which is fine cause her younger brother 2 thinks our bed is HIS bed almost every night
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 4:06 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Sure, both of my kids were co-sleepers at that age. I can understand the foster rule, though.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• well at this moment his is scared of his room so even I can get him in there in the middle of the night I can hear him flying down the hall way to us.
    Sky_Mom

Answer by Sky_Mom at 4:25 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• My DS is 5 and still crawls into bed with me on occasion. Some nights I love it and others I don't. He just doesn't like being alone.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:16 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• my 4 yo sleeps with me evry night i tried his own bed but he screams and makes himself hyperventilate its just easier to leave him with me
    momofalltrades

Answer by momofalltrades at 7:59 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• do we allow it no does she sneak in in the middle of the night yes. Most nights. : (
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:36 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Sometimes not as often as before, she sleeps with us occasionally on the weekends or when she has a nightmare!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 6:39 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• my ds(3 y/o) used to all the time, we have been slowly breaking him of this habit. the main reason was that he was on some rx's and they would make him sleep so heavy he wouldnt wake up to pee, so he'd pee our bed. He's in a toddler bed with the plastic still over his crib mattress so it wont soak it up lol.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 23, 2011