How do you get a two year old to stop bitting and hitting while she is at daycare?

My 2 year old daughter only bittes and hits while she is at day care. We have tried everything and I was told that she will be suspended from daycare if she does it again.

megtinkerbell

Asked by megtinkerbell at 4:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I was told to bite them back....and it worked for me! When My dd turned 2 we had a big problem with her biting. I started biting her back hard enough to get her attention but not really hurting her and it took a few days but she stopped and I spank her too so she kniws hitting hurts and isn't tolerated. Just be consistent in whatever punishment u choose
    HayliesMama325

Answer by HayliesMama325 at 4:17 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• We do that and she still does it. She hits us back when we smack her hand and tell her that it is not nice to hit. We bit her back and smack here in the mouth after and she still does it.
    megtinkerbell

Comment by megtinkerbell (original poster) at 4:20 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I have some fundamental issues with hitting a child as you tell them its not ok to hit. But that is just me. I must say though, that my cousin has two boys, ages 2 and 4, and when they hit or bite, she does it to them and says do you see why he cries when you bite him? It hurts! Please do not bite. I see this as a little different than hitting them and then saying don't hit, because she is showing them how it feels. It is a very tough situation. Maybe she is unhappy at the daycare? Maybe she isn't supervised as well as she should be? There are lots of reasons she may be biting. Good luck
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 9:36 PM on Jan. 23, 2011