what is the homebuyers credit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Money & Work

• I believe that is for first time buyers. They get X amount of money to put towards their new home.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:13 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I don't think it is still valid.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 4:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I believe it has expired except for certain servicemen. There are a lot of links if you Google it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:16 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Depends on what one you're talking about. I haven't heard about one for this year yet, but last year they had one for first time home buyers. Where you'd get a tax credit (One you didn't pay back) up to a certain amount after buying a home. The year before you had to pay it back, but last year they changed it. Unless you sell your home within the first three years you don't have to pay it back.

However, I don't know if there is one this year. Go to USA.gov and see if there is one.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2011