when did ya realise your baby was no longer a baby??

my daughter turned 5 in December and Im telling u she has grown up so much, like today she spent the morning cleaning her room (witout me even asking) and she did an awesome job and tonite I washed her hair and for the 1st time she didnt freak out I was shocked. Im noticing it alot lately like gone are the tantrums, the babynis, no more accidents (potty wise) shes gone so grown up sigh I miss my baby but Im loving this little lady I have:)

DawnLauren

Asked by DawnLauren at 4:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Once they're potty trained they're no longer babies.
    Anonymous

• I don't remember exactly, but cute story: My co-worker's daughter asked Santa for a book for Christmas, so I got her 3, and wrapped them from Santa. Her mom told her that I gave it to her (not Santa) and she said she wanted to get something for MY baby....she knows me, but doesn't know my baby. He had just turned 20 years old.....he got a wallet that the child picked out. So, my baby is 20.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• For me it starts in the toddler years. My daughter is one and I just realized the other day she's no longer our Baby. It was around the same time when we realized our son was no longer a baby as well. With our son, who's two, we are seeing that he's no longer a little toddler anymore. He's growing up to be a big boy. It's bittersweet. On one hand I'm soo happy they're both getting out of that baby-ish stage. Then on the other hand I'm like "But they're my babies!!!" So yea, it's bittersweet.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• When my babies started walking, I felt they weren't completely babies. When they were able to wipe their own bottoms...they stopped being babies. When they stopped needing to be tucked in or kissed on the cheek in front of their class, they stopped being babies. Or at least that's how it was for me. They'll always be my babies, but they become so grown up at times it gets a bit scary.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 7:29 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• when she turned 7 and started telling where babys came from (how they get in mommys belly)
    kh1983

Answer by kh1983 at 7:30 PM on Jan. 23, 2011