SS won't stop crying! LONG

SS is a holy terror at BM's house and she thinks that more time will help the adjustment. He claims he doesn't want to be there at all, but DH and I talked about taking one week and switching the visitation arrangement so that she has him the times we normally would and vice versa. We thought this might give everyone some perspective on the situation. That would give her from Sunday afternoon till Wednesday morning. So she came over to talk to us about it today and we gave out that idea and she said "No, we can't do that. I can't handle him for that long at a time."

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I think she needs parenting classes because if she "can't handle him that long", what the hell would she do if something happened to one of you (your or DH) and one of you had to take care of the other for a while, what the hell would she do then? Tell her to step up to the plate and learn how "to handle him that long"

Anonymous

• He takes off running into his room crying. I went in there and laid on the bed with him and talked to him about how that wasn't how she meant it and tried as much as possible to console him. DH is in there with him now but he has been in mourning essentially for 3 1/2 hours and I cannot get him calm. What do I say? What will make him feel like his mother wants him? He says that proved that she didn't want him.
    Anonymous

• I'm sorry, I have no idea what to say to the poor boy, but my heart goes out to him. How awful for him to hear that. Maybe tell him his mom loves him in her own special way?
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 10:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• That is one of the saddest things I've ever heard, I'm SO SORRY! That poor little guy!! Just show him all the love you can...that's all I can offer for advice. I cannot imagine ever making my kids feel that way---now I wanna cry!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• OP here
    I think this was just the icing on the cake to be completely honest. There was an issue with Halloween and there was an issue with school and there is a lot of little things that happen and he told me about 6 months ago that she didn't love him and that he didn't love her. He was told by her in front of DH that he didn't really love me, he just felt bad because I took care of him when I didn't have to and that I didn't love him, I just loved his dad.
    Anonymous

• whats SS?
    Anonymous

• Step son.
    Anonymous