Breastfeeding in public

Today we were in Walmart and poor lil dd got hungry, usually I just throw a blankie over My shoulder and go about My buisness but there was a lot of people In Walmart today....so i just went inside the. Bathroom and fed her (which I HATE cuz of all the germs) but people can be real rude sometimes...so do u think breastfeeding in public is wrong or are you for it?

HayliesMama325

Asked by HayliesMama325 at 4:26 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A child needs to eat. Whether you're breastfeeding, formula feeding, or solid foods .. the kid needs to eat. As far as breastfeeding goes if you're covered up then do it wherever you want. I think that exposing yourself, especially while breastfeeding, is wrong. I don't see the point in wanting to and there shouldn't be any reason to. With that said, the kid still has to eat, so throw a blanket on or something .. Just cover it up and have at it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 4:28 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I am all for it! Why should you feel bad for feeding your daughter? I believe more mommas should breastfeed in public so it becomes less taboo. You're not exposing yourself for attention, you are meeting your daughters basic needs. I breastfeed in public, if it bothers someone, they can leave the area.. my son comes first before someone else's comfort!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 4:29 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I am a proud public breastfeeder! You should join the group on here!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 4:29 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I breastfed when they needed it. If other people have a problem with it , they can look in the other direction. My child's needs come first.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 4:30 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• cover and breast feed. never do it without covering. i've done it in the bathroom too, nothing i'm proud of. i had abscess once. n my daughter wouldnt drink unless my shirt was like half way off. embarassing!
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• – collapse
    its wrong. sorry but pumping and storing is what you should be doing if you're gonna go out in public. always bring a spare bottle or two. there is nothing ok about whipping a boob out in public and forcing the world to watch
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• I nursed both my kids, whether in public or not, and would not go into the bathroom next time if I were you. Sit on a bench. Cover up.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 4:32 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Put a blanket over your head then Anon! My boob was never visible when breastfeeding in public. Besides, you see more cleavage on the magazines in the checkout lane!
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I BF in public. My daughter wasn't willing to be covered while she ate so, after she was latched on the blankie went bye bye. I don't care what anyone says about how I feed my child.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 4:33 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• We are probably one of the most advanced societies, except when it comes to this very natural & healthy & necessary way to feed our infants. I dont understand why some would find it offensive or dirty. It's a shame really, that you feel like you had to hide in a disgusting public restroom to feed your dau. Would anyone who objected to your discreet form of feeding your dau, want to eat their lunch in that bathroom? I highly doubt it.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:33 PM on Jan. 23, 2011