What are your favorite Eric Carle books and why?

I am a teacher and I am doing a 2 week project on Eric Carle, the author, with my class. Can you let me know what your favorite Eric Carle books are and why? I love many off his book and have all of them, but can't fit all into a 2 week period.

whitefamily

Asked by whitefamily at 4:34 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Don't care for his books really but my fav would be the very hungry Catterpillar
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 4:36 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• OOPS, sorry forgot the "why".

The Caterpillar teaches us both about the nature of the metamorphosis and life cycle, but also is really fun with the foods the little guy eats.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 4:37 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• "From Head to Toe" it has different animals and it tells what they do and as i read i like to let my children try to be that animal.
    "Brown Bear Brown Bear" and do if as a felt board so your kids can help tell the story themselves it is great.
    1911

Answer by 1911 at 4:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• My 6 year old loves Eric Carle. Our favorite is the Tiny Seed. he really likes the story of the plant trying to grow. Pancakes, Pancakes is his second fave, or it might be Walter the Baker. Those the ones he is repeatedly checking out from the library. We finally bought the Tiny Seed. All 3 of those tell a story about how something hapens, i think that's why he likes them
    BBsMomSuzi

Answer by BBsMomSuzi at 4:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• The hungry catepillar, of course, love the change into the butterfly.
    derosia_mama

Answer by derosia_mama at 10:57 AM on Jan. 24, 2011