Would you leave your husband for this?

I'm 6 months pregnant with twins. I found a text in my husbands phone to his best friend and brother. He sent them a pic of a naked porn star with the caption "she could have my twins." The text was from last month just days after we found out we were having twins. Now I'm redy to fie for divorce because I confronted him and he brushed it off as no big deal. To my knowledge, he hasn't cheated, but what we wrote was so disrespectful to me I think he probably would. What would you do in my shoes?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Discuss it calmly. It was disrespectful. He exhibits immature behavior. I suspect this is not something new.
    If you cannot discuss it calmly, perhaps you can get a counselor.
    No, I would not leave him because of this. You do not have to dismiss it, but it is something that can be worked through.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I wouldn't leave but I'd be pretty pissed at him and make sure he knew.....for a very long time!
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 4:49 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• No I wouldn't divorce him. What he wrote was very immature, but he was trying to be funny to his friends. Hopefully fatherhood will make him grow up quick.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 4:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• There's no way I'd leave over that. I would have probably LMAO if I'd seen it, and I probably would have agreed with him about her being hot/sexy/whatever. Now if I found a picture of a naked woman that he KNOWS, I would leave. I really don't see that as a big deal, though. Maybe if I was pregnant again I would, but not without my hormones being seriously screwy. It's just guy talk. It's the equivalent of you hanging out with a girl friend, seeing a cute guy and saying, "Oooh nice abs/butt/etc." and pointing the guy out to your friend.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:04 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I wouldn't leave him over it. Talk to him about how it made you feel. If it is really that big of an issue for you see if he will go to counseling with you. Don't just give up on your marriage because of one text message.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 4:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I would not divorce over that. I would work on things. At least it wasn't a real girl he knew in real life. I don't agree w/ it or think it's right but I def. think it's fixable if that's the only problem.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 4:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I wouldn't divorce over that. I can see why it would upset you, but I think it's harmless. I think he was just being a vulgar guy and joking with his brother and friend.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 4:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• It WAS disrespectful but I don't think it's a cause for divorce if this isn't a constant thing and he gives you no other reason to think he is unfaithful. I can understand that that's very hurtful, but it honestly sounds like something stupid a man would do, and has nothing to do with how he feels about you. I think he should definitely feel a little more understanding for how that made you feel though.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 5:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• hell no, i would not divorce over that. But, i sure would make his life miserable...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 6:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• You'd leave a husband and throw away a marriage over him making a sexist remark? That's not a good marriage then. Work it out.
    Anonymous