Moms who are strippers?

How many of u are strippers? And if not what do u think of it? My son is 1and a half and im a stripper while i finish my education and damn proud of it! I work at night and get to spend my days w my son, i make good money, and my job is fun!

Logan17000

Asked by Logan17000 at 4:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Money & Work

• If I was a stripper, the people would run the other way LOL! But I do have a friend who is also a mother and a stripper. I don't look down upon her in any way. She takes the money she makes to support her and her son, pay her bills and support her education.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 4:59 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Hey you have to do what you have to. At least you are going to school and taking care of your child. You have my respect.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 5:04 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I agree with the other women at least you are making an effort to make money for you and your child and your education. No stripping might not be setting the best example as far as morals go but it Teaches your child things aren't just handed to you on a silver platter that in life you need to work for it however that may be. I much rather you be a stripper than someone who sits on their butt taking advantage of government services. You should be proud! You a great mom!
    1911

Answer by 1911 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• It doesn't bother me one lick if a mom chooses to be a stripper as long as the kids isn't tagging along! Even then, it's not truly any of my concern, it would just seem odd.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:58 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I think it is fine. You have to feed and cloth him right? You are also going to school to better yourself, so it will just be short term. To me stripping is one thing and prostitution is another. I will be the first to tell you though if I had to do it to feed my kids I would do either.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 6:06 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I bartended in a topless bar for several years when my son was young for the same reasons; home to get him up for school and there when he got home to cook dinner and help with school work or just play. The danger is that you succumb to drugs or alcohol; I have seen it many times. The other is that it is impossible to sustain a healthy relationship, with a man, while doing this work and you want to minimize your child's exposure to dating partners. Looks and the money only last so long and honey it goes by faster than you can imagine. Then what? If you plan to marry a wealthy guy remember he will control you with his money and you will live under an unspoken threat. Try to squeeze in a few classes even at a community college; you will be surprised how fast even one course a quarter will add up. The thing really is about giving yourself future options and a way out of the night clubs.
    Betterchoice

Answer by Betterchoice at 12:33 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• If I had the body, I'd be on a stage lol. I don't see the problem with it at all, whether the woman is a mother or not. People are too quick to judge others, IMO. Some seem to think that being a stripper means that you're working in some run down place where drugs are being handed out left and right and the girls are also prostitutes, etc. (like the stuff you see in some movies, like I Know Who Killed Me). I have a lot of respect for strippers, though. It has to take guts and a lot of strength (mental and physical). Kudos for being in school! And it's better to have a good paying job that's fun, than a crappy paying job that you hate.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 5:32 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I have taken the stripareobics class and I LOVED it. If I could get paid to do that (and my husband supported me, which he never would) I would do it, but I doubt anyone wants to see me take my clothes off. Scary! I did think about it when I was younger. I think there are different styles of stripping where you can go more theatrical and classy or you can go trashy and gross. Hopefully your classy not trashy. :)

LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 10:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• This is in response to 1911. Not all people who get government assistance sit on their butts all day long. People I know who are on it have to job hunt, go to classes,etc. 32-40hrs. a week. I also know those who work and those who go to school f/t and have a p/t job who get government assistance. And none of them are alcoholics or druggied. They all have children and are trying too improve their life situation for themselves & their children. They do not like being on the system & look forward to the day they can leave it behind.
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 10:29 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Honestly I think that as long as you only do it to get an education and stuff you're fine. It's completely different tho if you plan to continue doing it when your child gets to be old enough to really understand what you do. (9 or 10). Other than that it's nobody's business.
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 5:45 PM on Jan. 24, 2011