Potty traing tips for 2 1/2 yr old girl?

I am expecting # 2 in 6 months and i am on a mission to potty train my first. I have taken diapers completely away except to sleep and have been in her ear about pottying constantley. she will pee if I put her on the potty ever 1/2 hour and she likes the potty but she will not come tell me on her own accord. I NEVER make it negative but do have her "clean up" her accidents when they happen. she will do good for a day or so then have 10 accidents in a row? Am I missing something or do I just keep doing what I am doing?

scanamey77

Asked by scanamey77 at 4:58 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• get some pull ups that lets them know that they are wet. She might be letting you know that she is not ready or is jealous that there is another baby on the way and is acting out this way to get attention.
    megtinkerbell

Answer by megtinkerbell at 9:04 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• If she is having that many accidents then she is most likely not ready to do it. I had my LO completely trained before we moved 6 mos ago and right about the time that we hit the 6 month mark she has started to start to show signs of readiness again. I understand that you don't want 2 in diapers at the same time, but she has to want to pee on the potty. I wish you luck. We are still using diapers and she has at the minimum the last week is 2 successes in the potty. Keep at it and she will get there or just stop and let her get closer and try again.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:10 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• With that many accidents it sounds like she's just not biologically ready. Children can want to use a potty all they want but if their bladder isn't mature enough for it to happen, its not gonna happen. You can't rush a bladder. It's not really her fault she's having accidents so I don't know that I'd personally make my child clean them up, its probably adding stress, just my opinion. It sounds like you might just want to wait a couple months and then try again. Most stories I've heard of people who waited till their child was ready had complete success in less then a month, most within 2 weeks.
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 6:47 PM on Jan. 24, 2011