if i dye my hair totaly all over when im 16 weeks preg will it hurt my baby?

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 5:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Consider waiting to color your hair until the second or third trimester, when your developing baby is less vulnerable. Also, rather than using an all-over hair color, consider a process like streaking, highlighting, painting, or frosting, in which the chemicals have little or no contact with your scalp. (Any hair-coloring agents absorbed into your system would come through your skin, not through your hair shaft.)

If it was me, I would not take the chance on hurting my baby just so my own hair looked good.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 5:13 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• no, it will not hurt you or the baby. as always when using chemicals, just make sure you are in a well-ventilated room..and for God's sake, follow the instructions.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 5:23 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• No it is perfectly fine. I even saw a specialist and am pregnant now and asked him this question and he said the only thing coloring your hair will do is make you happy no other affects to you or your baby.
    mylilboy00

Answer by mylilboy00 at 6:39 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I am 9 weeks pregnant now and I am going to get my hair dyed next weekend. They will be using a ammonia-free dye as well as putting a van next to me with a face mask. I am also having the color foiled. It's to cover up old highlights and bring my hair back to one color
    nmaxwell816

Answer by nmaxwell816 at 8:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• i never really looked into it, but i've always heard that its best not to dye your hair while pregnant. there are probably those that will argue that it is ok. but this is a debatable topic, so u should probably just do whatever you think is best
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 11:21 PM on Jan. 23, 2011