when purchasing clothing lot on Ebay

I am interested in purchasing a some clothing on ebay known as a lot, with numerous pieces of clothing at one time. Since I have not done this before, I was wondering if there is anything that I need to be note before purchasing the items, other than the obvious the condtion of clothing? thanks

Aries46845

Asked by Aries46845 at 5:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• be careful of the shipping a huge amt. of clothes can be surprisingly heavy and therefore pricey to ship.

do the math and figure out the price per item of clothing. like a 100 piece lot for $235 is like 2.35 per top, pants, etc and that's a damn fine deal. Use your head, logic, and normal shopping budget.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:30 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I have purchased many an article of clothing online from many sellers and never have had a problem at all.
    MSugarKane

Answer by MSugarKane at 5:31 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Read the description carefully and make sure it is exactly what you want. Be sure it is new if you want it to be. One time I goofed and bought something that was "never used" and it was not new. It just was never used by the seller. So, be careful. Look at the seller's feedback rating and read any negative feedback.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:53 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Watch the shipping costs as with anything on ebay. Make sure you read the description thoroughly and if it bothers you ask about pets and smoking in the current and any previous owners homes if used clothing. Try to get pictures of all the clothing close up so you can see any marks etc.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Check out the shipping costs. Some people are fair and some overboard. Read through descriptions to see if they mention stains. New or Like New and usually safe. You could always check the reputation of the seller (their percentage) and read comments from their customers. Have fun shopping!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 1:59 PM on Jan. 24, 2011