Is there been an experience has changed your outlook on life?

jdbrown21

Asked by jdbrown21 at 5:30 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Yes, my uncle was killed in the line of duty in a circumstance that couldn't even happen again if you tried. So I feel like when it's your time, it's your time, and you should just enjoy your life until then!
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 5:36 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• yes. working at a dead end job is not as important as an education and having a career. going back to school older has been a really life changing experience for me.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 5:49 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• The sudden death of my father on Thanksgiving 2010 in a car accident while he was sitting at a light waiting to go to dinner. It shows me that we never know when its our time and to cherish every minute of our lives.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 8:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I was in a car accident and survived. It made me feel so lucky to be alive. It changed the way I looked at things. My anger went away. I don't sweat the small stuff.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• The recent death of my estranged aunt. We had not seen her in about thirty years due to the fact that she and my mom had a disagreement when I was around 6 or 7. My mom finally reached out to my aunt while she was on her death bed and made amends. We all went to the funeral but it was really weird because myself and my sisters had not been around my mom side of the family in years. The one good thing that came out of it was that we reconnected with the other side of my family and we are going to stay in touch with them. Also we learned that my aunt despite her being in touch with us prayed for my mom and me and my sisters all the time.
    That really touched us to the core and gave us some comfort. Family is a really good thing to keep connected to.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 11:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• When I was a teenager I got pregnant from rape and made the decision to keep the pregnancy then gave the child to a loving family for adoption. It really put things in perspective for me and from then on I have tried to live a life of love and respect to all.
    derosia_mama

Answer by derosia_mama at 10:46 AM on Jan. 24, 2011