just a question

but why are so many teen moms glad their babies dad is out of the picture

i mean the school i go to is full of teen moms and i got verbally battered because i said i was happy my best friends "baby daddy" was sticking around

my friend doesnt go to school with me but all the moms know her because she did go to the school at one time

im not trying to start an argument or anything its just what iv been noticing lately

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• I doubt they are truely happy. Who would be happy that their childs father didn't care enough to stick around? Their just trying to look "cool" in front of their friends.
    MrsNewman

Answer by MrsNewman at 5:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• The only thing I can think of is if they were being treated badly while they were w/ them, the dad wasn't helping. Sometimes ppl are better off doing it on their own if the other person is putting them down.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 5:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I think because they are aware they chose baaaaaaad partners. They were good enough to have unprotected sex with but they're too immature or undesirable to actually be with and raise a child. I think the concept of child support is appealing to some as well.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• The statement that your school is full of teen moms is frightening in itself.

The reason that they are glad the fathers are out of the picture is because this was not a lifetime partner they were choosing, is my best guess. It was a hook up and clearly not thought through. You on the other hand, are either thinking about your child and wanting him/her to have a father figure in their life, which is good.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 6:26 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• More importantly, why are so many teens choosing parenthood? I just don't understand not wanting to go to college; not wanting to backpack through Europe; not wanting a career; not wanting to learn who you truly are and what you want out of life.

My daughter's high school of 2,500 averages 2 pregnancies a year, and has a college attendance rate of over 99%.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:24 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I'd say that they are trying to make it look like it was THEIR decision rather than that they were ditched. I could see why they might do that as a defense mechanism. Kind of sad, really. :(
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 12:46 AM on Jan. 24, 2011