Why would my 5 yr old be vomiting so much?

The drs appointment has already been made, im just wondering if anyone has any idea. My 5 yr old son vomits all the time. Just randomly out of no where he will vomit and then he'll be fine again. He vomits in his sleep to. This just started within the last month

MrsNewman

Asked by MrsNewman at 5:42 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Kids' Health

• reflux

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I would keep a journal on what he eats, time of day, what he was doing before he vomited, the outcome for at least until you get to the doctor.

Is he sick? Hydrated? If you are really worried, take him to an urgent care or ER.

I hope he gets better.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 5:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• i would try cutting dairy, and see if that helps at all.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 6:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I would start with researching on line and them start to limit the most common foods for allergies. After keeping tract of the vomiting incidents and the food eaten during the day, I would then take the information to a doc or specialist for an appt. The more notes the better chance that for the doc; because he will be able to accurately help find the main cause of the situation.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 10:16 PM on Jan. 31, 2011