Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

9 Bumps

can i call police and dss on myself?

My daughters father wants to hurt me so bad and is trying his hardest to have my daughter taken from me. He called dss on me and told them my daughter is abused and neglected. They closed the case because it was clearly a lie. He took her to the er and lied and said my family sexually abused her the evaliuatedher and it was clearly a lie in fact then admitted him to a mental facility the same day. He called the cops and lied and said my daughter was left alone. 5 cruisers came to my house and they clearly saw he was lying. (She was 2 at that time time now 3). Well now he wants to call dss and say I abuse her and neglect her. He called and thet are closed today. He says I dnt take care of her and don't take her to the dr's. Which of course is a lie. He is saying my daughter is gravely ill with no medical attention because she had a cold and is getting over it right now.I am fed up with this. He takes me to court very often and I keep losing time from work. I am the sole provider for my daughter and she has everything and more evryine sees she's go very well taken care of.

My question is.. Since the allegations are now can I call the cops myself to do a well being check? I also want to call dss myself so they can evaulate my home and her care becuase I'm sick of it. I want the cops to come now so they can see my home and see her since he is calling dss in the morning and will take me to court yet again.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:58 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

Answers (32)
  • Don't do that. Just document his nutso behavior and maybe take him to court and try to get his rights suspended. This isn't good for your DD.

    Answer by Liansmommie at 6:02 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

  • I would call them and ask for help on getting sole custody, it sounds to me that he needs some help in order to be a good father figure.

    Answer by mommy-perks at 6:03 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

  • Hmmmm. You know I'm really not sure! It seems like there should be something you could file against him for placing false accusations against you. Slander? Or something similar... I would also sue for the time I missed in work. He's being very petty. I would just call the cops and ask them. Or, call DSS before he has a chance...go to the offices if you have to and wait until somebody is there. Tell them what is going on and ask what you can do. Good luck!

    Answer by ErinHill226 at 6:04 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

  • Mommyperks..

    Who should I call?

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

  • im sure u can call dss and arrange a viewing for ur house just call them and tell them ur story obivously ur ex is going to get arresstes sooner or later for falsely reporting , if its been proven over n over again there has to be something done about it, u might have to have to talk to a lawyer about going to court and haveing a restraning order for u and ur daughter,

    Answer by Cherriemama831 at 6:06 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

  • I would just call the cops& say he is harrassing you, everything else he tries to accuse you is a lie& is always proven , what an asshole, sorry you are going through this.

    Answer by gabby06 at 6:06 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

  • You might want to call the police and talk to them about him horrassing you about all this stuff. When clearly their is know issue.

    Answer by louise2 at 6:14 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

  • Can you get a restraining order against this guy? I would call dss and the police both and report all of this to them.

    Answer by spottedpony at 6:17 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

  • Every time he calls and files a report, and every time his allegations are deemed unfounded, there is documentation. I would request another hearing with the family court and sue for full and sole custody of your daughter. I would submit all of the allegations, the time you have had to take off of work, any pay you have lost as a result, and the disruption it has cost your daughter. The court will be able to see a pattern of unstable behavior and may question the safety of your daughter with her father if he makes up these kinds of stories.

    I'm so sorry you're going through this. I wish you the best!

    Answer by Busimommi at 6:21 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

  • I'd call and ask them (police and dss) if you can do that.

    Answer by admckenzie at 6:30 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.