If you were to get pregnant 3 days before your period was due...would you still have your period?

I know this sounds like a dumb question and I know most of you will be naturally inclined to tell me to "learn something about my cycle." I also know that your most fertile days are like 2 weeks into your cycle. But it is true that there's ALWAYS a possibility of pregnancy if you have sex...whether you are on your first day of your cycle or your last and whether you use birth control or not. So I was curious...what if you conceived a day or two before your period was due? Would it come or no? Would you have to wait til when your next period was due to know whether or not you had gotten pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Most likley yes you would still get your period because its only 3 days. But the next month you probly should get it. That happend to me I had my period after i got pregnant in feb and in march i didnt get it and found out i was prego!!!
    EliannasMama

Answer by EliannasMama at 6:03 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• im not sure.. you may have to wait til ur next period to see. good luck
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• There is only ever a possiblity of pregnancy if you have sex around the time you are ovulating. Three days before your period starts is way too late for a pregnancy to happen.
    Anonymous

• There is NOT always a possibility of pregnancy. You have to have an egg there to get pregnant and that only happens for a few days a month. Yes the sperm can live for a few days too, but that still only means there is about a 1 week window that you can get pregnant during each cycle. Now that being said the time you ovulate can happen at just about any time in your cycle especially if you have erratic cycles so that 1 week window could happen just about any time. Pregnancy tests check for HCG in the urine stream and if you are pregnant those levels are high enough for a home test to pick up about 10-14 days after you ovulate. So in your situation if you think you might have gotten pregnant 3 days before your period then I would take a pregnancy test about 14 days from the day you think you might have gotten pregnant with or without a missed period.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 6:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• i had heard that if you ovulated any less than 10 days (could have been 6 i cant remember) before your period the pregnancy wouldnt be viable because your luteal phase wouldnt be long enough to sustain a pregnancy
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 6:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• It would be highly unlikely to get pregnant 3 days before your period is due. If you were to ovulate 3 days before you would have a luteal phase defect that would make pregnancy pretty muchimpossible.

Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 6:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• i think pooki is onto something. i think some people have problems getting pregnant because their luteal phase is too short, and 3 days would be awfully short. but i suppose it could happen. i definitely don't know the answer to your question. gl!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 8:49 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I got pregnant 6 days before my period and did not get my period and got a positive test result shortly after my missed period!
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 2:24 PM on Jan. 24, 2011