How would it be different?

What do you think would be happening as of now, if John McCain had been elected as The President and Sarah Palin as The Vice-President?
Please try to support your answer with reliable and unbiased sources of information.

BeaMoore

Asked by BeaMoore at 6:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Trillion dollars or so that we didn't have wouldn't have been spent, we wouldn't have wasted the last 2 years arguing over health insurance pork disguised as a health care bill, and we'd be laughing at the stupidity of Palin instead of the stupidity of Biden.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:17 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Palin would have been eaten alive by the media.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 6:19 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• NP said essentially the same as I was going to. Well outside of the laughing at Palin instead of Biden part. The recession would likely have ran it's normal course because McCain would not have delegated himself and congress social engineers.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• ditto carpy and NP.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:25 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Healthcare would not have passed of course. I don't think we'd see any different with the state of the economy though.
    Anonymous

• this may sound like im trying to be mean but im not i promise! i just think he would be dead because he was already 76 and being president is such a stressful job... look at before and after pics of past presidents and you'll see they aged like 20 years in only 8 (or 10 years in 4 ;))

then we would have President Palin
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 6:29 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Nothing, unless McC/Palin could have restructured and jump started a global economy-since the Rs tend to favor BB, I doubt we'd be any better off- The R's are no more able to avoid special interest and lobby money (and the favors owed d/t), than the D's. To think otherwise is naive, IMO-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:31 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I agree with NP as well
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• It's hard to say. My guess is that things would have gone on much the way that they were because congress hasn't changed much and they're the ones with the power to make change. I do think someone would have put some sort of muffle on Sara Palin.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 6:48 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• What would be different?? Not much. Congress has more power to make change happen. Sadly, no matter who has control, I still fear nothing much is going to change. I don't think our governemnt has the best interest of the average American citizen at heart.
    Anonymous