When were your kids able to go to the restroom on their own at home?

I mean without assistance. How long had they been potty trained by then? What about night time? And what about when they poop?
Thanks!

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 6:31 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• She is 3.5. She can go by herself but when it comes to pooping, she still needs help wiping.

She has been potty trained since 24 months. and night trained for longer. She had been dry at night since about 18 months when she showed interest in potty training.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:34 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• As soon as my girls were potty trained, they started going to the bathroom at home by themselves. They might have asked for help, but we just had the "wipe till clean" with flushable wipes. Night times if they had to go, we'd leave the bathroom light on so they can get to it easier. They know how to open doors so all seemed well. But we had the seat on top of the toilet and a step stool. The toddler potties were too low for my kids to use.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 6:40 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• At around 4 they could wipe #2's on their own. My 2 younger ones were dry at night by 3 1/2. My oldest was much later.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:42 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• my almost 3 1/2 year old still makes me stand in the doorway sometimes, specially at nite!
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 6:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• My son is able to go on his own, but I need to supervise for other reasons. He likes to get into mischief while in there and it usually ends up with me having a roll of toilet paper rolled out all over the bathroom. Yesterday he put the cat's food into her water. So he is watched or I time him. Btw he is 4.
    sandbuster

Answer by sandbuster at 7:13 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• As soon as they were potty trained my kids were using the bathroom on their own (they were between 2 1/2-3 1/2).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 7:16 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• My 5 yo can go on his own but likes to annonouce it first, lol! He still needs the occasional help with wiping but he is much better at it now.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 7:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• My boys both go by themselves - they are 5 and 3. They do need some assistance, sometimes, with wiping. My 2 year old daughter is too small and too short to get on the potty by herself and is afraid of falling in. :) So I help her (she has been potty trained for 6 or so months).
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:26 PM on Jan. 23, 2011