S/O...have any stories about a big mess your kids made?

My kiddos got into the diaper rash cream! It took me weeks to get all of the zinc out of the tub.

ashisamom

Asked by ashisamom at 6:31 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• when my son was 2 1/2 we lived in a trailer. i was working three jobs and just passed out one day for about 5 hours. he had a movie in, and i didn't mean to, but oh well. well, when i woke up, i heard water running. i thought he got a drink of water out of the bathroom in the master bedroom. i had a his and hers sinks. well, my little helper wanted to do laundry i guess. he turned on both faucets, filled the sink with clothes, and they clogged the drained. my bedroom was flooded and the water actually knocked the heating vents down under the house. thank god it was summer!!!
    when i turned off the water, i went out to living room and asked him what he did, he says " baby wash clothes!"
    lol. after about a week of the floor being wet and drying fast enough, my toilet looked like the leaning tower of thrown!
    i quit two of my jobs and talked my last one in to giving me 40 hours, so i wasn't falling asleep anymore! lol
    mama2bof2

Answer by mama2bof2 at 8:20 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• When my oldest was 6 he dropped a bottle of sunflower oil and the bottle cracked open. Paper towels, newspapers, kitty litter we used it all to try to get the bulk of it up. Getting the slick sticky residual off the linoleum took me at least 3 days and countless moppings. What I would have given to have had access to Dawn back then. We were stationed overseas and Dawn wasn't there.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:39 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• my 2 olders kids wanted to see what would happen if you threw a banana at the moving ceiling fan big mess gross muchy banana bits everywhere
    momofalltrades

Answer by momofalltrades at 7:35 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• When my son was 3 he found a black sharpie marker and wrote all over my brand new...I mean I had it two days brand new, microfiber couch. I hadn't even treated with the stain resistance stuff yet. The company cleaned it for me.
    nmaxwell816

Answer by nmaxwell816 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• When my son was about 2, he got into the closet where my mom had a box of curling ribbon. The house got really quiet so I went quietly down the hall and there was my son standing in the hallway throwing ribbon up in the air laughing!!! I turned around and got my dad and camera and took pictures. My son had so much fun, that we didn't stop him. Once he was done, he helped me pick up the mess. My mom then moved the ribbon out of reach.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• This is what happens when DH watches them for a day.

ashisamom

Comment by ashisamom (original poster) at 6:41 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Mazola oil complete in the floor and my 3 years old girl body .
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 6:54 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• At a baby shower someone gave me a huge bottle of Vaseline. My twins got into it. When I went upstairs to check on them because they were so quiet I found that they had wiped the entire jar on each others heads. I mean they had about an inch thick glob over their eyes. I grabbed them and took them to the tub. we were falling on the floor and slipping. I got it in my hair..We tried everything trying to get it out of our hair. It took about 2 weeks. I can not remember what finally worked but I think that was the biggest mess ever!
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 7:03 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• i had a pitcher of water with tea bags soaking in it on the counter. i was talking to hubby in the livingroom....then we hear a splash and a "uh oh..." we go into the kitchen to see tea spilled all over the floor and my son with an empty pitcher in his hand and a shocked look on his face lol he was 2 at the time.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 7:13 PM on Jan. 23, 2011