Venting: do you ever feel like you are talking to yourself?

I hate it when I ask my DH a question and I get a blank looked face or an answer that has nothing to do with the question!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHH
Thank you for the vent, it helped!!!

whitefamily

Asked by whitefamily at 6:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• its that Y chromosome! ((HUGS))!
    AFMF920

Answer by AFMF920 at 6:46 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• huh? What's the question??
    I'm just kidding! Yep that happenes here too. Good think I like being in control!
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 6:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Some guys do that. It's either that, or TV preventing them from listening. lol.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 6:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Yep, it happens here too. Then I pretend to not hear what he has to say when its important to him to see how he feels about it. Unfortunately, I still listen when he talks so I answer him later...but my hubby's the type that will be off doing something else, not listening and he could still repeat it word for word...he just won't have an answer.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 6:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• hahaha i was just thinking that 2 minutes ago..(except mine is aimed at my daughter...helping her with her math homework..i swear it goes in one ear and straight out the other)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 6:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• i'm sorry did you say something?
    LOL

my answer....M E N
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:52 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Ohhh yesss. My husband is constantly ignoring me when I talk to him important or not, he never listens lol. He pays more attention to his phone than anything. So when he talks to me I just do the same. Maybe not the best thing to do but I want him to see how it feels to be ignored when you really want to talk !!
    EliannasMama

Answer by EliannasMama at 6:57 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Yes, sometimes I actually say, are you listening?

Answer by Bmat at 7:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• MEN!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 7:14 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• OMG...I get the same thing here too! I also work for a male doctor who does it to. I say something and they continue with what they are doing just like you never said a word...It's crazy!
    lupton3226

Answer by lupton3226 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2011