i have two kids that r 7 and 8 and they firgt all the time any one have kids that r close in age that fight all the time

kh1983

Asked by kh1983 at 7:21 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• My sister and I were two years apart and fought all the time.

Answer by Bmat at 7:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• One idea....my niece has a kindness chart in her home. The kids have to do the things on the chart and they get points or stickers for doing them. After a week or so they get a day out to the park, go out for ice cream, have a special meal, go to a museum, etc. It has worked wonders for them.
    Also, I saw on Supernanny that she had the whole family play board games and do it with teams. Alternate the teams so the kids are team mates once in awhile. This will foster cooperation.
    Plus make sure they get enough one on one time with you and your SO so they know they are special and loved
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:25 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Strangely, my girls, 7 & 8 years old don't fight as often. They do have their tiffs, but its my 4 year old that bucks heads with his sisters. Easiest solution was having them work out their problems constructively. They still fight, but now they just work it out and less coming to mommy.
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 7:25 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• my kids r 3 and 6 and we have our good days and bad days. someday they pester each other to no end. one day i got so sick of it i MADE THEM be nice to each other. i told them instead of going to the corner they were going to stand in the living room and hug for 5 minutes. well it worked because ny the time it was said and done they were playing nice again.

sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 7:26 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I have a dd who is 8 and a ds who is 6.. when they fight I separate them. I tell them not to talk or look at each other.. also I tell them and their 4 yo sister that they are each other's best friends...
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 7:36 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• i forgot to add.. eventually they want to talk to each other. I also have a 18 yo and a 16 yo who are close to each other. This method worked with them.
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I thought having siblings was supposed to be this wonderful experience? At least that's what I get told when I tell people that my 2 year old will be an only child.....
    Anonymous

• I have an 8, 10 and 12 year old. They fight constantly.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 10:00 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I have 3 of them. They are 10, 9 and 8 right now and most of the time they are at each other's throats. I think it has to do with being cooped up in the house because it's winter. They aren't as bad in the summer when they can be outside all day running around. But after weeks of being on top of each other and having to constantly negotiate for space, TV time, toys, etc it gets to them and they just go at it. I also have a 4yo to add to the mix.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:27 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• OH YEAH! My kids are 15, 13, 10 & almost 9. They have arguments every day. Several actually. I've gotten so tired of all the fighting. I put a rule that all tv/gaming/computer ends at 5, whether they are home to use it or not. In the morning I have fun music playing as they get ready and I also have a morning bathroom schedule. I recently started having them say something nice about each other every morning and every night. It has to be specific and they can't use the same thing twice. It's been helping. When it gets really bad they have to clean each other's rooms. They really hate that!
    derosia_mama

Answer by derosia_mama at 10:27 PM on Jan. 23, 2011