fever help for my 11 month old

My sons had a fever on and off since yesterday the highest it went so far is 101.03 the lowest its been 97 once out of two days i am wondering is it at all a cause for alarm and also anyone have ideas on how to lower a fever besides fever reducer because it lower it much but close to normal.also what is a temp bath i hear people saying that helps but i dunno what it is exactly thanks

joannabenjamin2

Asked by joannabenjamin2 at 7:32 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would not worry about that. If it's 103 then you can worry a bit. You can keep baby in lightweight cotton clothes, make sure he's drinking fluid and ride it out. He can have a bath that is tepid, not super warm but not cool either. If he's lethargic, not eating, and if when you pinch his fingernail it turns white and takes a long time to return to pink, then call the doc. He'll be just fine.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:36 PM on Jan. 23, 2011