Low Blood Pressure and Fainting

I'm 6 months pregnant and for about a month now I have been getting really bad dizzy spells, and have blacked out 3 times. Last time I blacked out (last week) I went to the hospital, my blood pressure was 90 over 70 ... I know have an appointment with a cardiologist.

I'm curious if any one has had this problem, and if so what you did to prevent these black outs?

Lizzy_B_1202

Asked by Lizzy_B_1202 at 7:59 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I do! It sucks, for sure. Usually happens to me when I'm out shopping or in the shower. There's no real 'cure' for it, but drink something like a glass of orange juice or a glass of coke and that seems to help. My doctor told me to stay well hydrated, and as soon as I start feeling dizzy to sit down and not chance fainting. I also notice if I eat and drink well before going out that helps as well.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 8:13 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• i had dizzy and fainting spells with ym first pregnancy. it ended up being due to low iron. i dont know about the low blood pressure tho. hope everything is ok at ur dr visit. and maybe it is something not too serious like mine. i only had to take extra iron tabs.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 8:25 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I occasionally have similar problems with low blood pressure. I have tried seeing doctors to find out what's going on, and unfortunately, the response I usually get is "your blood pressure is low and that is good". Well, there is such a thing as too low docs, come on! Sometimes it is so low that I am extremely lethargic for several days in a row. I do take an iron supplement daily and have been told that my iron levels are normal (with the supplement). Not sure what else to do.
    mamaluvwine

Answer by mamaluvwine at 8:38 PM on Jan. 23, 2011