how can i get my husband to be more supportive and help me out more

mommyellison

Asked by mommyellison at 11:04 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Relationships

• K, don't kill me for stating the obvious, but have you tried just "talking" to him about it? Men are funny creatures, most of them need to be sort of guided to things. We women tend to instinctively catch on to things, men need to be walked through and talked through them. If I am rambling, sorry, it's late and I am pooped! Good luck with this.
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 11:11 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• It's really not difficult to get help from your husband. Just tell him you need it. Men have to be TOLD what they need to do, otherwise they just wait for us to take care of everthing because they know we will. I just tell my husband what I need his help with, and if he loves you, he will try and make you happpy. May be some temper tantrums involved, lol... but he should definitely help you. I have been putting more time into my current home business, so I have added a lot of responsibility on my husband for the weekends. It's his house too, his child too, his bills too, etc..... etc....... etc....... and there is NO reason why he shouldn't be equally responsible for them!
    smboutique

Answer by smboutique at 11:13 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Talk to him, or go on strike of cooking and cleaning for him till his selfish ass realizes you mean business.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:22 AM on Nov. 14, 2008