do you feel like you are walking on egg shells waiting for labor to begin?

i am 8.5 months prego and have been dilated to a 3 and thinned for some time now. had my bloody show today. i needed to go to the grocery store today but didnt go because i was afraid to go and go into labor and not make it back home. i decided to wait until s/o could go with me tomorrow on his day off. that way if i do go into labor or my water breaks i wont be alone with our other children at the store.

do you get this way?

sweetestkitten

Asked by sweetestkitten at 8:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No, I try not to think about it. I wanted to go into labor. I was so miserable. No matter what I did, nothing worked. When I went for my 40 week check up I guess them checking help start the labor, I had my son less then 24 hours after that appointment.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:21 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Not quite like that, I wanted to be moving and knew my husband or someone else would come help if I needed it. But I have always gotten very anxious. With my son I was 5 cm and 50% effaced, with all the other signs for like 2 1/2 weeks before I had him. I kept thinking it was going to be any day, but it kept on going. I had been 3 cm for over a month. He ended up being 9 days late.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 8:27 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• well my thing is i dont really have anyone to come and rescue me..i mean i do but it owld take them 30 to 45 mins to get to me. (atleast)
    and with my son my water broke and it went so fast after that i am worried i might go just as fast with this one.
    sweetestkitten

Comment by sweetestkitten (original poster) at 8:33 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• No--
    I intentionally got out and about... especially after labor started. But even when it didn't start and I was waiting (walking around gushing amniotic fluid, lol), it was a long while before labor started so I wanted to continue grocery shopping, to restaurants, the park, etc.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 3:47 AM on Jan. 24, 2011