IS GIFT REGISTRY REALLY NECESSARY?

I HEAR ALL THIS TALK ABOUT REGISTRY BUT IM NOT REALLY SURE WAT IT IS... IS IT NECESSARY?

xaviers.mom

Asked by xaviers.mom at 8:27 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• If you are planning on having a huge baby shower and there are a lot of rich people coming who want to buy stuff for your baby, then yes. If you are like most of us (without all that), then no.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:29 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• It's very helpful, but not necessary. I find it easier to get a gift for someone who is registered. Then I know they are getting something they need/want.

dalene66

Answer by dalene66 at 8:29 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• It gives the parents a chance to let others know what type of things they need for baby. It isn't necessary, however, if you have a baby shower it helps the guests pick out gifts
    nmaxwell816

Answer by nmaxwell816 at 8:29 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Even if you're not having a big baby shower, it's helpful as it lets guests know what you need.

Gift registry's are fun to set up and buy for! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:30 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• this depends on a lot of things. do you have a huge, enormous extended family and tons of friends? are you having a baby shower?

for ME a registry made ZERO sense. we have a small family and all live close by. I got gifts both necessities and specialty items and a few checks/gift cards to fill in the gaps of things I needed.

IMHO unless you have a HUGE family and most of them wont be attending your shower, it's tacky, borderline rude. alot of people like to be creative and meaningful in their gift giving. being told what to buy is very odd to me
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 8:30 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• No, I think it is tacky, personally. When people RSVP to the shower they can ask the hostess what you need.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 8:34 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• i wouldnt say so , alot of the times ppl get u things that arent on there anyways, and i think its funner to pick something myself , but i guess it gives ppl an idea of what u want or need
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2011