How many cats are too many for a 5 room apartment?

My friend just took in another kitten and she already has five cats in her apartment and two in the downstairs apartment which is also hers. I am afraid that she is going to start hoarding cats. How many cats do you think is too many?

Darla47

Asked by Darla47 at 8:39 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Pets

• If you ask my husband, 1 cat is too many. It all depends on what your county, city, etc. regulations are. But 7 cats is too many. I like 1 cat.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:41 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• i live in a 2 bedroom and have 3 cats , so in 5 room 3-4 probably more than enough cuz my 3 is more then enough lol
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• 1 cat is way too many.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 8:42 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I would say two. It doesn't matter how big your house is if you have 5 that is a little over the top to me.
    1911

Answer by 1911 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I'm going to have to say 1. There cute but I'm not really into cats.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Have 1 cat is to many... filthy yucky evil creatures.. but if your a cat person I think 1 or 2 is enough.
    ArmyWife112908

Answer by ArmyWife112908 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I live in a 5 room apartment. I used to have 2 cats before I got pregnant and had to give them up. I think even that was too many. I loved them, but seriously there was cat hair everywhere! They were short haired cats (one tabby and one siamese). Also it's hard to find a good spot for a litterbox in an apartment, and I felt like it stank if I didn't scoop it several times a day.
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 8:48 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I love cats and I think 5 might be a wee bit much.........but then again, to each the own I guess. Well I did get a automatic litter cleaner, and I tell u what! This thing is a wonderful invention!! The inventor should be listed as a SAINT!! lol It is pricey, but u want a good. I recommend 'Litter Maid'. You can get it at the super Wal-mart or Pet Smart. Wal-mart is cheaper. But then u do have to buy these plactic container where the cats poo goes. I hated cleaning the litter biox. When I was pregnant, my DH had to clean it for the 9 months. Anyway, they are niuce to have.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Does her lease have a maximum number that she can have? If so, then definitely anything above that number. Otherwise, I'm not much of a cat person, so pretty much 1 is too many. Not to mention that my dogs aren't cat friendly, so that would just be bad.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• LOL!!! I think she's well on her way to hoarding. That makes 8 with the 2 downstairs. Yes, 6 in her apartment. But 8 all together. Sooner or later, she will get those 2 back. She's got too many. 2 would be good. I love cats, but she's got to stop. It's not healthy.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 11:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2011