How did you find little girls differed from little boys during their childhood? It's my first girl and I'm excited!!

So I'm SO excited! I want to know everything about little girls, any tips and tricks... from diaper changing to if they're different than raising boys... etcetera!!!

I'm posting anon because I'm figuring I look really stupid.

I have 7 boys and we got our ultrasound today and the long awaited word came out of the tech's mouth.. a girl! We love our boys so much and we love babies no matter what the sex but this is really something. I'm practically bouncing off the walls. Finally some pink in the house...!!

So any advice is absolutely brilliant, I don't believe I've ever even held a baby girl and I was wondering how diaper changing differed. And so many more things. Tips and tricks are much appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:42 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• Congratulations Mommy!!! That is so exciting, girls are so much fun. I love my baby girls they are so sweet and nurturing and melt your heart with their eyes. Little girls love to sing and dance and laugh. They love to cuddle and are generally gentle and way more mellow than boys. But only God knows exactly how your little girl will be, they are all different just like boys. One thing I like better about girls is they aren't so rambunctious and hiper. But like I said, that could be a different story with your kids! Have fun with her and God bless!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 8:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• As far as I know, there isn't a difference in changing the diapers. Although I have heard that girls get more diaper rash then boys do, or that is what my mom said. I have a little girl she is my 1st and only, and she was a miracle! Her name is Marisa 2yrs old. Depending on where u liver I have ALOT of girl clothes from thr little biddy infant intil 23 months. Crib sheets, the whole ensemble . Shoes, coats, onies, ect. PM me if u want the clothes. I also will feel very sorry for your litttle girl when she gets older and dating...well then again, maybe I outta feel for the guy at the time...lol. Well I know she will be able to defend herself seeing as she will have 7 brothers. I had a hard enough time with just 1 brother! BTW congrats!!! Oh and I have heard that girls are alot harder to raise then boys........
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 8:52 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Congratulations! She will be very well protected with 7 older brothers! LOL anyways, with little girls, you have to clean them out pretty good when they are teeny tiny but other than that not much difference in diaper changing, my daughter wasn't as hyper as my son is but she was a little more "needy", meaning she wouldn't play by herself like my son does. Good luck, little girls are the sweetest babies!
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:01 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I have only had girls, but it seems that girls are definitly not as hyper; they get their feelings hurt easier ; they are more needy; not as rowdy; much more expensive (especially later on); I think you get to hug and kiss on them longer because they dont embarrased as easily by affection; you get to have SLUMBER parties and play princess games!!! Last thing -- OMG -- it's soooo easy to spend too much on their clothes!!! Good luck and congrats!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• OMG that is amazing...7 boys and now...pink in the house! You are SO cute to be worried about this, but frankly, I say you're a pro already! I only have one son, but we've been with the same playgroup for 2 years now. The difference seems to me that the boys have to move more, like they have all of this energy that they have to burn. The girls are content to color, "read," and do calm things. The boys never want to do that stuff for more than a few minutes. Boys are noisier too, it seems. I bet your house is never quiet. lol
    How exciting for you, Mommy! Congrats!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 23, 2011