I have a 9 month old baby girl soon to be 10 months HELP

Ok my lil girl is almost 10 months old and she needs to start drinking from a sippie cup soon i have a NUK sippie cup but she hates it lol she turns her head n looks at me like what the hell do u want me to do with tht lol ive also tried 3 other kind of sippie cups shes hate them all, do an moms have any advice to how to get this sippie cup deal thing workin lol thank you all!

Ashley2810

Asked by Ashley2810 at 8:47 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• MY 10MONTH OLD TWINS ARE USING SIPPY CUPS. THEY WERE USING THEM SINCE 8MONTHS. I SUGGEST USING THE SIPPY CUPS WITH THE SOFT SPROUT (IT IS EASIER FOR THEM TO SUCK, AND IT REMINDS THEM OF THE BOTTLE NIPPLES). THE TWINS USE "THE FIRST YEARS", BY LEARNING CURVE CUPS. I ALWAYS GAVE THEM THE SIPPY CUP WHEN THEY WERE REALLY THIRSTY LIKE RIGHT AFTER A MEAL. ALSO I FIRST STARTED PUTTING APPLE JUICE IN THE CUPS, IT WAS A NEW TASTE FOR THEM, AND IT WAS SWEET, SO IT WAS A GOOD INTRODUCTION TO SIPPY CUPS, AND THEY HAVE NOT BEEN ON A BOTTLE SINCE THEN.
    KISSENA87

Answer by KISSENA87 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• 10 months is NOT too early. I introduced my kids around 5 months, and one of them weaned herself off the bottle compltely by herself at 9 months. Just keep offering it and she'll get used to it.
    Anonymous

• why does she NEED to be using a sippy? my kids did not use them till they were like 2! no caveties, no worries, either! :) RELAX!!!
    itzmyzoo

Answer by itzmyzoo at 8:52 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I agree w annon. I started my first at 5 too and she weaned herself at 10.5 months
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 9:24 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• she isn't ready
    Anonymous

• She's not ready, quit pushing. She's still several months away from being a year old.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:50 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• don't give her those! she doesn't like them, my girls tore them a part and chewed them up. i just took the tops off of the cups and gave them only the bottom full of drink. thats what my girls had at that age.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 8:52 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• just put it in front of her and let her get used to the idea of it. let her play with it.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 8:52 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Maybe try a straw cup. It took my daughter a couple weeks to catch on, but she was drinking from a straw cup very well by her first birthday.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• My DD didn't take to the sippy until she was a year old. Just keep trying she'll gradually grow into using it! Good luck!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2011