• In the Spotlight:

Are you likely to have a rough pregnancy if you conceive very quickly after giving birth? Can you still BF?

It's 8 weeks after the birth of my last child and I believe I may be pregnant again, in fact I'm pretty sure tbh. I planned to breastfeed until my daughter was 9 months at least however I've heard you can't BF while pregnant. Is this true? Does your milk supply completely dry up?

We weren't planning on this and we were using BC but obviously it didn't work, we're financially stable so my only concern is the health of my children.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Wow...Not sure about the BF...I don't think the milk will dry up as long as you continue to brest feed. You may end up having the second one early..That happened to me.
    nmaxwell816

Answer by nmaxwell816 at 8:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Everyones hormones are different but you should be able to continue breast feeding while pregnant. The pregnancy could be a little harder because you probably haven't lost much of the previous baby wieght, your body may not yet be used to the added stress of the new baby, and you probably haven't yet replenished your bodies nutrients. I would double up on vitamins a minerals for a while and definitely make sure you get your vitamin B complex every day. Oh, and take a test to be sure! Congrats though!
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 9:02 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I am in this same boat, My son is 12 weeks old and I am pretty sure I am pregnant again. I talked to my dr and he told me it is fine to breast feed through a second pregnancy it may however cause some minor contractions but as long as it doesn't distress the baby in utero your fine. I am hoping to continue breastfeeding my son as well. Good luck to you!
    ErinT

Answer by ErinT at 9:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Oh the other thing is your hormones may effect the tast of your milk so you baby won't want to feed anymore...
    ErinT