Did you husband every give you a reason not to trust him.

I recently found out my husband was meeting women for lunch
during work for years, now I don't trust him, he never told me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Yep. A few times. I found stuff on the computer, in the history, that he apparently thought he hid. Not porn, worse. Yeah, I'm down to negative trust now.
    Anonymous

• I don't blame you. I wouldn't trust him either.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:01 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• For sure! My dh had an extra cell phone hidden in his work truck.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 9:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• No but I hate that for you. Talk to him about it. Maybe he just didn't want you to read to much into it and get upset. Just ask him.
    1911

Answer by 1911 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• No. I am sorry hun!
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Yes, sometimes alot of little things add up and over time trust is lost. Trust is the foundation of a good relationship and it is the most difficult thing to recover. Personally I know my dh is remorseful for the things he has done, he continually tries harder. My trust issue with him has nothing to do with another woman. None the less it is a work in progress.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 9:19 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I don't underdstand why some do what they do when they are married. Marrigae is such a wonderful precious thing and some just act like it is not a big thing. I am sorry this has happened to you, yes my ex did give me reasons not to trust him anymore. Praying for you sweetie :)
    AmI88

Answer by AmI88 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Once. He was going out after work and supposedly playing basketball with the guys from work. But he would never tell me, he just wouldn't come home and I would call his phone and he wouldn't answer or call me back. He still insists to this day that he was just playing ball with the boys. Other than that, no.
    MrsNewman

Answer by MrsNewman at 9:26 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Yeah, found some BS my husband was doing online, chewed him out for it, he did it again, now I have zero trust for him. He's going to have to work long and hard in order to gain back even an iota. Sorry to hear you have to deal with crap with someone who you thought you could trust and respect, it hurts.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:29 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• For me it depends on his work. Also, does he have lunches with men (clients?) too, and just the women part is upsetting? Or was he going to lunch with only women? I don't know...lunching is part of many jobs and is totally harmless. Not necessarily a reason to not trust him. He could be having very safe lunches (as a part of his job) and not saying anything because maybe he thinks you'd go off and not understand. Either way, good luck. I'm sorry you're going through this.
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 9:59 PM on Jan. 23, 2011