Sick Baby question

My DD is sick with congestion and will not sleep anywhere but my bare chest. Should I try to get her to sleep in the crib?

sashasmom159

Asked by sashasmom159 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe if you tilt her mattress so that her nose is able to drain, it would help.

Answer by Bmat at 9:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I had this with my little one too. First make sure it IS just a bit of congestion. Then, Rub some baby vics on her chest,back, and feet. (baby vics is less stinky to them) Make sure she has socks on even in a jammie suit. And if you can get a vaporizer, there are some at wall mart that are made for small rooms and slightly larger ones they have a transulcent top to put water in. Or any other will do. If the model allows (it will have a dip or indent near the vapor slit) put some vics on there too. OR rub her back and run the shower so the steam breaks some of the stuff up. Dont forget to have your boogie sucker bulb handy.
    Nerdymama

Answer by Nerdymama at 9:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I agree with nerdymama. I did that with all four of mine. I found, though, that two of them just had to be on mommy's chest when they got like that. It was a comfort thing.
    derosia_mama

Answer by derosia_mama at 11:01 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• thank you ladies she is now in her on crib i put one side up and turned on the humidifier and it worked great. now i cant sleep because i got used to her sleeping on me go figure lol
    sashasmom159

Comment by sashasmom159 (original poster) at 1:53 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• lol so sweet <3
    Nerdymama

Answer by Nerdymama at 7:51 AM on Jan. 24, 2011