so i just found out im pregnant a few days ago. everyone says congrats and stuff. im kinda scared like hell. im only 17 years old, i just need advice please

ChelseyAnn_0

Asked by ChelseyAnn_0 at 9:06 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Are you married? Did you want to be pregnant? Where is the father in this? You need to sit down with someone and work through this.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• What do u need advise on? i got pregnant a month after my 17th birthday day, i didnt tell my bf (now husband) for about a month and then 2 months later told my family, but i would recommened telling everyone sooner than later makes u feel better and things much easyer.. So whats ur question really? u cant message me to if u want ..
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 9:10 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• prenancy in a nut shell....first 3 months ur always tired and feel like you have the flu. second three months ur full of energy only to be hit by the last 3 months of once again being miserable and tired. but are also carying that extra weight. (im 8.5 months and waiting to pop) can u tell im tired of beign preggers?

but for real. stick to your guns. finish school. start looking for support now. it isnt easy but it is doable. it can be a scary time but when little one comes it will make it all worth it. the first itme you look at baby you will melt and that will be it. nothing ill be more important. it will be ok. keep you chin up and be strong. but also do be afraid to cry.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 9:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I have been in your shoes. If you have a specific question maybe I can help. Message me. I had my twins just before I turned 18.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 9:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Time to come up with a game plan. Don't overwhelm yourself, sit down and think about what you're going to do and write yourself some goals. One thing though, make sure you finish school. Even if you have to continue your education online, it's very important to graduate. Come up with a way to tell your boyfriend and your family as well as his. Think about how you're going to financially support the baby. Get a good OBGYN doctor and go to all of your appointments (I hope you have insurance, if not apply for state assisted medical). Get some prenatal vitamins and take those daily. Refrain from smoking, drinking, and other recreational drugs. Get some pregnancy books like 'What to expect when you're expecting' and read up on the changes that your body and the baby will go through. Join some groups for mothers, teenage or otherwise for advice and support because it really does help. You can do it!
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 9:24 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I was 17 teen when I had my Daughter and I was scared as hell to but I sat down and talked to my family about it. They where behind me through everything. You should try to sit down and talk to your family and here what they have to say and go from there. Just take it one day at a time you will get through it Good Luck Hun and Congrats
    ollababy1

Answer by ollababy1 at 11:13 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Ask specific questions, and we will try to help you. Having a baby can be a scary thing, but it can also be an amazing and wonderful experience. Being so young, it is normal for it to be a scary idea. I am another mom whose first child was born when I was nearly 17.

Lots of people may scare you into thinking you are too young, and that parenting too young will ruin your life. I do not believe that. It worked out for me, and it does for many moms.

What scares you the most?
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 1:01 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• well i am now 24, married with my 3rd on the way...but i had my first baby when i was 16. I cant really say i was scared, anxious maybe. I guess my mother being there for me made it easier. Dont be scared , whats done is done. what you gotta do now is take care of yourself , take your prenatal vitamins and make sure you make it to all your appts. other than that talk with someone you feel comfortable with , its important to have a good support system right now, even if that person is your bf. you got a long 9 months ahead, but when you see that little bundle of joy that you created , it will make everything worth it.
    MsBrazil86

Answer by MsBrazil86 at 7:19 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• no im not married, the father is supportive, but i dont know if mine and his relationship will last, im not going to keep him from being a part of the baby's life though. i guess what scares me the most is that i might have twins, and i dont know what im going to do money wise. im broke and i have a crappy job, i dont get payed at a regular rate, its what ever the boss wants to give me cuz she pays me cash. but right now its the only job i can get. ive applied at so many place, they just wont hire me.
    ChelseyAnn_0

Comment by ChelseyAnn_0 (original poster) at 2:49 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• i say start making a game plan.are your parents supportive?there are alot of programs out there to help you.good luck
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 9:09 AM on Jan. 25, 2011