Have you or someone you know gotten pregnant on Nuvaring? adult content

I'm on nuvaring and I know it's a possibility for me to be pregnant....but I'm just not sure when to test. My OB/GYN told me you put it in for 3 wks and take it out for 1 week so I can have my period. But she also told me that if I didn't want to have my period I could leave it in for a full month and then change it when it was time for a new one. The 1st time I put the 2nd nuvaring in very late but I never had a period. I put a new one in again Jan 1st and have yet to take it out. I was also on antibiotics a week ago and dh didn't bother to use a back up, he said he would "pull out" (sorry tmi) but he didn't. I know it's possible for me to be preggo but how do I know when to test since I've prevented myself from having my period.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i am currently 8.5 months preggers and i was on the nuva ring. luckly for us we were palning on have number 3 but just a little further down the road... first anti biotics kinda counter acts any birthcontrol. i got pregnant after my ring came out. i (tmi) found it on my bed on evening when i went to straighten out the sheets. i was a week away from tkaing it out anyways for my withdrawl bleeding so ididnt want to wast a new one for only a week. we didnt use back up because it says even after you remove it you are safe up to 3 weeks.cont...

sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 9:21 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• low and behild i got preggers and my due date confirms that is exaaclt when it happened. (due date by ultrasound.) i would leave it out. and wait iand see if you get your withdrawel bleeding. cuz if u are the birth control is not good for baby...if it doesnt come with in 2 weeks then i would go ahead and test. if it reads neg. then start ur nuva cycle over again. but i would def use back up from now untill a few weeks after restarting the ring. GL
    sweetestkitten

• ps...sorry bout the horrible typing. i didn't re read or spell check before posting. i am a bit tired tonight...
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 9:23 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I didn't get pregnant while on nuvaring..... You are already at the 3 week time so I would take it out. Wait a week if no period test.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I did, and I followed the guidelines of 3 weeks in, one week out!
    TsMommy428

Answer by TsMommy428 at 9:35 PM on Feb. 7, 2011

• I wouldn't worry about testing until you start feeling symptoms. I've had several friends who have gotten pregnant while on the ring and I know most of them used it correctly. I haven't personally used the ring but with my last child I was on 2 types of BC (I was almost religious about taking my pill on time) and yet here he is! GL!
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 4:23 AM on Feb. 8, 2011