i have a red face and its on fire and looks flaky

i have no health insurance

jimmie125

Asked by jimmie125 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Do you have allergies?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:10 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• sounds like it's just dry. get a mild face soap, some pure vitamin e capsules; take them orally and then bite or poke a hole in them and use the oil that comes out directly on your face at night, leave it on in the morning things should be a bit better. Get some good face lotion for the day
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 9:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I have no idea what it could be - unless it's like a wind-burn (from cold wind) OR some kind of allergy. I wouldn't put anything with ANY kind of chemical on it until you know what it is --- which means see a doctor, even a NP or a PA ---
    *IF* it's windburn, try soothing it with some Vicks Vaporub or Carmex (for lips) even Chapstick --- if it's not windburn - then hon, you gotta see a doctor of some kind - even the local health department. I mean this is your face we're talking about here.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 9:17 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• maybe rosacea?
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 9:39 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• It sounds like an allergy to me. I wouldn't put anything on your face for a few days and see if it clears up
    02_Grey_Mustang

Answer by 02_Grey_Mustang at 9:40 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I was thinking Rosacea also but it's not something that just pops up. Have you noticed it before
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:45 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Sounds like rosacea, I have it too & when it flares up. OMG it sucks. Use a facewash with exfoliants. I use St. Ives apricot scrub (its a classic) and then i moisturize with Oil of Olay collagen lotion. (the knock offs work just as well and ar echeaper) Use it 3 times a day and it minimizes all that icky stuff and it helps if you have acne too! Love it.
    Mblessesd4x

Answer by Mblessesd4x at 1:15 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Try noxema instead of soap, soap is too hard on your skin. If it is rosacea you will probably have to see a docter or google and maybe someone can give you a suggestion on a home remedy
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 8:43 PM on Jan. 24, 2011