What to eat without gaining weight while pregnant?

Sounds silly, huh? Anyway..I'm getting married in two weeks and I'm deathly afraid that I won't be able to fit into the dress so I want to know what is the best thing to eat over the next two weeks without gaining a substanital amount of weight. I fit into the dress perfectly as of now. I am currently 9 weeks.

nmaxwell816

Asked by nmaxwell816 at 9:10 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• well no question u need to eat, and u shouldnt gain that much in just 2 weeks maybe if u was 6 months already but at 9 weeks i think ull be fine, but just eat healthy instead of eating junk food try munching on some fresh fuirt or veggies , dont try to strave urself when ur hungry eat just go for a healthy choice cheicken salad for dinner ect...
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 9:13 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• your not going to gain that much in two weeks no matter what you eat not just being 9 weeks so I say eat what ever and also its better you baby gets healthy food so go for veggies and fruits but make sure to eat other things to
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 9:18 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• oh and congrats on ur wedding Hope its a fairy tale :)
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 9:31 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Eat a healthy balanced diet full of fruits veggies and protein. Best wishes on your wedding day.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 9:35 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Eat a healthy diet with fruits, veggies and lean meats. Congrats!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:03 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Congrats ! eat lots of veggies, some chicken or fish, up to 2 fruits a day...stay away from pasta and sweets !!!! lol
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 5:18 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Congrats and congrats! In two weeks as others have said you shouldn't gain much weight. But eat normally. Don't super-size your portions just because you're pregnant. Actually you only need an extra 300 calories per day to maintain a healthy pregnancy. But the amount of weight to be gained in pregnancy has been scaled down over the years. It used to be 15- 30 lbs but now it depends on your starting body weight and usually limited to under 15 lbs. But you should talk to your doctor or a nutritionist about your dietary and weight gain concerns.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 7:54 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Lean protein and fruits and vegetables.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 8:43 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Lean meat, fruits & veggies....keep you and the baby healthy. You're not going to gain a significant amount of weight in 2 weeks.

Congrats!
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 9:45 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I still say just don't worry about it (stressing will cause you to retain water, which will be worst) and wear a tummy-tucker panty.
    Anonymous