I'm taking two college classes but failing both horribly I have financial aid, so what are my options

This is my 1st time at college, I am a single mom to a 3 month old. I just feel horrible. I want to better myself and make a good life for my son and myself but I just don't know what to do. I am so stressed out and overwhelmed. I can't concentrate on my homework. Nothing I study sticks with me. So what are my options with my financial aid? I can't afford to have to pay back anything, but I don't know if I can deal with the stress of knowing I'm failing my classes, I'd feel bad withdrawing. Anyone have some type of solution for me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:14 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Money & Work

• I believe you will be put on Academic probation for one semester. You have to pass all your classes. If you don't then they pull financial aid from you. You have to pay for your next semester and pass before you can apply again. I am not sure if you would have to pay back the loan for the failed second semester or not if it where to happen.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:28 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• If you are on a typical college schedule then it is too late to withdraw from your classes without penalty. You might as well try and pass the classes and hope to pull a C. Hang in there!
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:29 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• If you can at least pull a C you'll do fine. If not, ask your Instructors to give you an "incomplete"..
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 11:32 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I don't I'll pull a C in either, honestly I'm not sure I'm ready for college. Maybe I will be someday,but right now....i just i don't even know, I feel like bawling my eyes out every time I think about it...its horrible and pathetic I know....I think the 14th, tomorrow, is the last day for classes at my school, i don't know if that has anything to do with not being penalized though. I don't think I'm going to go back for awhile. I don't even really have a major in mind, I just kinda jumped in with out thinking...really dumb on my part. I just want to be able to provide a good life for my son and I can't do that with out a degree.
    Anonymous