getting four month old used to crib?

For thepast four months my son has slept with me in my bed. I know some mothers choose not to but I did, so please dont bash me for my bonding expierience with my son. Now I am ready to put him in his crib. For the past two days we have spent most our days in his nursery. When it's nap time I take him in there too. He wont stop crying. I try to comfort him as much as I can. It's been over two hours and he still wont sleep. His poor voice sounds like it too... From a heartbroken mother.... what can I do to help this process go easier for both of us?

PiercedLeo

Asked by PiercedLeo at 11:15 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well...Cuddling with the little one...and waiting for him to fall asleep will help ;o) And then putting him in there when he is already passed out will be okay I would also invest in something amusing * light * wise for him.. because he most deff  don't want to be alone at this time, ;o) I like the Constellation turtle night light, its around 30 dollars, and worth it, ;o)

It also plays some music...

He is used to hearing you breathe* snore* if you do...

and also the heart beats you give off, and the movements you make

He is just missing his momma, try...giving him somthing too look fwd too

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 11:39 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• well once he is sleep place him in the crib he my or my not wake up. since he slept with you you should try to place a shirt that you have worn in the bed with him. because he slept with you he is now use to you smell. try that and let me know
    brownsugar22

Answer by brownsugar22 at 11:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I don't know if this is possible for you but this is how I transitioned my son. I also got a big bed all to myself so that's why I say I don't know if you get that option. I let my son sleep with me in bed but I put him far enough away that he couldn't reach me or touch me at night. He still knows your there and vice versa. After my son did that good for a week I put him in a pack in play bassinet thing next to my bed. Once again he was close enough to keep us both happy. After about another week I finally put him in his crib with no problems what so ever.
    BabyBreyen

Answer by BabyBreyen at 11:41 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• even though this is a bad habit to start, use it as a way to just get him use to sleeping in his crib, but feed him until he falls asleep, and when he's half and half dozing, put him on his tummy... my son has slept on his stomach since he was 4 weeks old and has been sleeping thru the night since then... good luck..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:43 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I'm getting my son ready to go to his crib as well (he's been in a bassinet in our room, or in our bed, so far) and I'm nervous about it! When he falls asleep during the day, I put him in his crib and let him nap in there. Sometimes when he's in a good mood I just lay him in there to get used to the surroundings. So far, it's going really well...I'm hoping this will work when he starts spending the night in there as well.

Spending time in his room to familiarize him is a good idea, just take it slow, you'll get there eventually! I hope it's soon, good luck! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 11:47 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• try to familiarize you LO to the room. try to do as much as possible with him there in the room. when putting him to sleep, play the radio (for some reason maria like the relgious station, i think it was becuase they had soft music and voices) and sing him a song at the same time. So when he falls asleep and you stop singing, he still hears the music. worked like a charm for maria. I hope this helps..
    carolina0416

Answer by carolina0416 at 1:22 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• I used to lay mine in their cribs for naps. That way when they woke up they got used to their surrounding. Worked for both of mine. Good luck.
    Britmum72

Answer by Britmum72 at 9:38 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Putting familiar things in the crib and laying on the stomach may seem like good ideas, but they are not recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics. Routine is great, Unfortunately, your routine thus far has been co-sleeping, so that is what your child knows. It will take some retraining. Try swaddling. Try music. But once you change the routine, stick with it so that the child is retrained. Also, there is a new product that helops babies sleep on their back and comfort the child called the magic sleepsuit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Nov. 14, 2008