Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump


Has anyone had to file for child custody while they were married, but separated.. not legally separated?

Answer Question

Asked by Sarahe786 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Parenting Debate

Level 10 (412 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • Get it in writing before you let your ex have visitation. If you are not legally separated and nothing is in writing the cops can not take the kid from him to give your kid back to you. Which means you can go with out seeing your kid until it is all written up. And if that happens than he is favored when you all go to court for actual custody if you go through with the divorce. If you two are civil than go together to get something written up so that both of you are protected.


    Answer by Alanaplus3 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

  • Def. get it written up

    Answer by JLS2388 at 1:44 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.