I think i'm having an allergic reaction to fried onions ='( HELP!

I ate fried onions last night, and during the middle of the night, I woke up and was ITCHING!!!! I fell back asleep and when I woke up in the morning, my hands were swollen! I had fried onions again tonight for dinner (was craving them lo) And i'm itching again...but i've been itching throughout the whole day. I'm not sure if it's the onions, i've had them before with green bean casserole, so i'm not sure what's setting it off. i'm breaking out now....little patches on my upper right arm, little patch on my left arm, and bottom of my left foot, and my right leg.

I have no benadryl. But I do have childrens allergy relief (generic benadryl) might be a silly question, but will that work if I just take a big dose? And if so, how much do I take?

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 9:49 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Health

• Yes that should work. Call the pharmacy and ask how much to take. They can calculate it based on your weight. That is much safer than just guessing.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Call the pharmacy and ask how much to take. They can calculate it based on your weight. <<--- Exactly!!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• My friend did that. Look at another cough med. bottle and do it that way. I would not eat that anymore.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 9:52 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• It might work. I would take three times the dosage for a five year old. But I am no Dr. or pharmacist.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:52 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• NO! Do not take a bigger dose of the children's meds, you could easily overdose and not even know it. If it is really bad, go to the ER and they will give you a shot of benadryl and it will help instantly. You can also try vinegar. Rub it on where you broke out with a washcloth. Is there someone that can go to Walgreens for you and get some adult Benadryl? That would be better than taking meds not meant for you.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:53 PM on Jan. 23, 2011