Is it ok to lie to your spouse sometimes?

http://thestir.cafemom.com/love_sex/115075/sometimes_you_have_to_cheat?utm_medium=sm&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=fanpage

I found this article on The Stir interesting.  So, IS is ok to lie to your spouse some of the time? 

layh41407

Asked by layh41407 at 9:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Not if trust is important in your relationship.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 9:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• no its not ok to lie under the exception ur planning a surprise for them and he/she ask u what ur up to, but other than that y lie ?
    Cherriemama831

Answer by Cherriemama831 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• ~*Nope*~... I WILL NOT LIE TO MY HUSBAND... I honestly do not see the point, and would hope he thought I was worth telling the truth to as well
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Never
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 10:38 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• My word, i cannot believe the writer thinks it's ok! No wonder marriages are in trouble! If your husband is such a spender you can't pay the bills DEAL WITH THE PROBLEM! SHEESH! If I had to stash money to pay bills, I'd tell my husband and I wouldn't let him touch it. What's so hard about that? This really blows me away. So wrong.

So why are the responses on here so different than the responses to the article??
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:22 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Nope, how would you feel if your spouse lied to you.

/
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 11:48 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I DONT THINK ITS OK, BUT I THINK THAT ALOT OF THESE WIVES WAS SAYIG NOPE NEVERAN ALL THAT. HAVE TOLD A LIL OR A BIG LIE TO THEIR HUBBYS...
    inlovewith4

Answer by inlovewith4 at 12:47 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• If it about say a gift or party then sure its fine. Anything else, no it is not. I also have no reason to feel like I have to lie to DH.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 7:47 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• And this is just one of the reasons The Stir completely sucks....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:10 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• NEVER! My dh would be so hurt if I lied to him even the smallest lie would hurt and I feel the same but trust is very important to us.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 8:58 AM on Jan. 24, 2011