DONATING

Do you donate to a special charity every year?

We donate to the local food bank & I usually buy a ticket for a prize draw to help our Children's Hospital.

YOU?

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 10:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

• We don't really stick to one charity. We spread it around, but we usually donate to children's charities, homeless shelters, and animal shelters.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• We give to our church monthly, and try to support mission projects, too, although I'd like to do that more. I've bought girl scout cookies in the past (does that count? LOL!) but I just decided today that I'm not going to do that this year because 1) I'm broke, and 2) it occurred to me that girl scout cookies aren't as amazing as everyone makes them out to be. Especially not at $4 dollars a box. I know, what a scrooge! LOL!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 11:00 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Yes, to a local elementary school with lots of kids who are from lower income homes.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:07 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I donate to a Fallen officer's fun ever year, toy drives, and Santa Protectors (Shop w/ a cop)and different things every year such as Alzheimers, American heart association.
    genagina

Answer by genagina at 10:06 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Giving is year round... much like stopping and helping those when needed! It is one of the things I adore about my husband...
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• We donate constantly to Good Will and a large nondenominational charity. I find it really helps the kids learn charity and how to serve others. We also have a one in/one out rule for clothes and toys. It helps make life a bit simpler!
    derosia_mama

Answer by derosia_mama at 11:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I donate a TON of material items to locals through Freecycle. I give to my church which in turn, uses the money to help others. I donate to other causes as I see fit. Kids raising money to help cure an illness, Veteran's, etc. I don't donate to some things that I don't feel are as important as others.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 12:19 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• We do Toys for Tots during Christmas time and sometimes donate to the schools when they need school supplies.

We did the canned drive for a church...turns out they gave us OUR stuff because someone put us on the needy list. -sigh-
    Imortlmommy

Answer by Imortlmommy at 12:23 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• We donate everything we don't keep to Goodwill. It keeps my house tidy all year long and someone else can get decent stuff for cheap.
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 1:12 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• if we see someone in need we help them, at Christmas we made a plate of food & took it to a man who was sleeping downtown on our freezing streets, made his night & made us feel good, oh ya my DH gave this man a very warm jacket he never wears....I believe in karma....
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 10:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2011