from my other post (allergic reaction) does this look like hives?

I have been stressed to the max the past few days, so i'm not sure if this could be due to stress either.

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 10:08 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Health

• It sounds like hives and looks like hives. It could take a few hours. I would suggest just having someone watch you, so if you worsen (by that I mean find it hard to breathe, you are wheezing) you can be taken to the ER. Hives flare up and spread...you should see the ones I got on a medication once! My skin was swollen when the hives started melting together! But it doesn't require an ER trip...esp if you don't have health coverage or good insurance. The Benadryl was a smart idea. Try hydrocortisone or an oatmeal bath...sorry you are dealing with it! Itching is an understatement, isn't it??

SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 10:43 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• It looks like an allergic reaction to me, i'd say if you don't get some relief or it keeps getting worse after 30 -45 minutes I would get it checked out. I did that when I had an allergic reaction to food and I had to get a shot of benadrly & steroids plus steroids to go home on. but the next day my rash looked better and didn't itch at all.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 10:36 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• It looks like an allergic reaction. Have you changed your laundry detergent?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:09 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Nope! Same ole' detergent.
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 10:10 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Yes, maybe go to the er to get a shot. Is it getting worse within the hour?
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• ya i would say a form of hives. like she said an allergic reaction. think back if youve changed laundry detergent, lotion, body wash anything like that. if not try calamine lotion for the itching if you have it and if it doesnt go away after a couple days id call your dr
    OliviasMommy614

Answer by OliviasMommy614 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• It just started flaring up. I just took 2 benadryl pills that I found in the medicine cabinet, thankfully!!!!! How long should I wait to see if it goes down? IT ITCHESSS!!! AAAHHHHH
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 10:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• IT can also be caused by stress!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 10:14 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• When I take the benadryl pills it will work on me within half hour or so. I take it if I am around pet hair or spring time. If you think it is not working within the hour go to the er. You do not want to get worse.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• You can put benedryl cream on it to stop the itching.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 12:12 PM on Jan. 24, 2011