How does anyone deal with long distance relationships???

I am missing him so much. I have never been all that great expressing myself but I know that I love him very much. I am sad and I don't want to lose him. He works 24/7 at home on his computer sometimes all night long, getting about 2 hours of sleep at that. We have been apart nine months and lately, the last 2 months we haven't been talking as much or it seems that way. I am not to experienced in the dating thing and haven't had many boyfriends and none long distance. We dated 8 months before i left. He was understanding about it. My mom passed and I moved out to be near my dad. My going back depends on my getting a job and saving money. My dad says he wants me to hang around another year. The time away from BF is so hard for me, he is missing me too. I am afraid all the time away my boyfriend may be losing interest in me, at least my mind often wanders to this thought. Anyone in a similiar situation or has been in this situation?? What advice would you give to keep the love alive??? He doesn't use his computer for anything besides work-no email or internet!!! I really am feeling lonely, sad and somewhat down. I don't want to lose him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• ~*Hugs*~... and Good Luck with your long distant relationship... personally I don't believe in them, can't see how one can have feelings for a person they do not see, or spand enough time with, to build an actual bond... just me, and why I refused to ever be with a :"soldier" even though all males in my family serve (and son is in ROTC)
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:15 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I was away at university for a year while I was engaged. Our phone bills were through the roof! LOL. And letters every day. We didn't have email then, but I'm sure there would have been many emails. I missed him terribly, but it can be done.

Answer by Bmat at 10:45 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• 1. Learn how to express your feelings to him. It may not feel natural, but it's going to pay off in the long run with ANY relationship you have! Get a journal and start practicing exploring and writing your feelings, then try it out on him.
    2. I would STRONGLY encourage him to start using the internet for communication with you. Not only can you exchange e-mails and instant messages, but you can video chat with each other. I would say it would be very much worth it to your relationship!
    3. Sometimes distance is just the testing a relationship needs in order to determine if it's going to last the test of time or not. Hang in there, and good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:48 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Personally, I wouldn't want to be with someone who is such a work-a-holic! I would feel very lonely in the relationship. I really don't know how you are doing that.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:56 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I'm in a long distance relationship now. I sort of like it. I still have my independence and he has his. We talk when our schedules allow but it's always special to both of us. He's not in to computers at all. I'm teaching him how to use them but he's older and not really a willing student! I've started sending him naughty pix in order to give him incentive to try to learn. I doubt if I get to fly home to see him until summer. That gives me time to plan some great things for us to do when I get there. He is remodeling his house so he stays busy when he's not working. I am sure you will work it all out.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:29 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• admck...how much communication during the week is too much??? I need to just relax, I guess. With the economy the way it has been he has had struggles with his bills, they cut his work back, it has been somewhat stressful for him. He has been working harder and trying to make the best paychecks out of the work he has. He works out of his home, has a friend(a guy)always popping up unexpectedly and stays there for hours while BF is trying to work. When I talk to him he is always telling me about this and how he doesn't like it. He tells me he misses me. I am always the one to call him. Notice he never calls me. He told me the other day when I told him i think I bother him at times, that he likes when I call but doesn't have the time to talk for hours at times. I am somewhat getting frustrated. It seems as though we are becoming more distant the last 2 months. I think about him constantly. Want nothing more than be with him.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:08 AM on Jan. 24, 2011