Music

What kind of music do you allow your children to listen to? Is there anything that is off limits?

whitefamily

Asked by whitefamily at 10:33 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Entertainment

• There isn't a whole lot that is off limits. Some Red Hot Chili Peppers or Nine Inch Nails.

My mom was just over and very surprised at our music on iTunes. It goes from Renaissance Classical - Classical - Bluegrass - Rock - Pop - New Wave - Punk- Israeli Folk - Israeli Punk and Hip Hop. My 11 yr old DD's current fave is Blood by My Chemical Romance.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:38 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• My kids like alot of the same stuff I do, especially my 17 yr. old daughter. My older son is more into rock and hiphop. My 13 yr. old likes a bit of everything we like.
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 10:57 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• He listens to what I listen to, the edited versions when appropriate. He's only 3 so I guess I'll be figuring out what's off limits when he's a little older and develops his own taste in music.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 1:41 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• My son is only 3, so he only gets to listen to what I listen to, which is country...he already hates it...ahhhh, it's great to be in charge of the stereo buttons.
    TitusMom7

Answer by TitusMom7 at 2:10 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• Anything i do not listen to is off limits.. but that is because he is 4 and listens to what I listen to. (so, Country, Rap, R&B, hip hop, American Pop.. hmmmm)
    Though, the only band of mine that I skip when he is in the car with me is Cradle of Filth.. the lead singer's voice scares him.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 2:10 AM on Jan. 24, 2011

• rap not in my house!
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 12:48 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• I let them listen to everything as long as it isn't obnoxious and vulgar.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 24, 2011

• gospel, r&B, soul, hip hlp, and some country
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 4:01 PM on Aug. 9, 2011

• When my son was growing up (he's an adult now) he was allowed to listen to any music he wanted to. As a family art was never censored, music/literature/paintings/sculpture.etc.. Forms of Art are not something we censored.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:15 PM on Aug. 9, 2011