Grandma has only one grandchild in her Facebook profile picture - favoritism?

If a grandma puts a picture of herself with only one of her grandkids as her Facebook picture would you see that as a form of favoritism? I already think she favors this grandchild because she is being paid to take care of her and it's from her daughter (not her son) and she hates men....so, something I read just planted this seed in my head. Am I taking this way too far? On a side note, I could totally see her doing that to try to make me jealous.

Isaidit

Asked by Isaidit at 10:44 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Refuse to play in to the drama. Let it go. Even if she is..there is nothing to be gained .
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:50 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• No, my mom is constently changing profile picture between the grandkids. Is it possible that she has more pictures with the other grandchild? Don't let it get to you.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I don't really feel like I have enough info from you to make a good judgement call on this one.  I would say it depends.  My mom rotates her profile pictures as far as which grand kid is in there with her.  I too find myself putting up a pic of me and one child or me and the other child.  I think we just put up the shots that are the most flattering to us.  It's not necessarily favoritism, but it could be. 

lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I think you are taking it way to far. If she takes care of the girls she is probablyher more than your children and more likely to take pictures of her. I doubt she did it to make you jealous. I have two sons and only one of them are on my facebook picture, but I don't love him more. I just liked the picture.
    TreseLapish

Answer by TreseLapish at 10:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• dont even feed into it if she really was doing it to anger you. if she favors one grandchild over others, thats sad (for her AND your childs sake also). if thats how she really is..i wouldnt want my kid around her anyways. but maybe grandma dosent stay super active on facebook?? maybe it was just a picture she had readily available & she put it on there? who knows. but i wouldnt let it bother me. i've learned not to let the actions of others get to me so much.
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 10:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• It is totally possible that she didn't even put the picture up...she probably just approved it. I have full access to my Mom's FB because I set it up for her and taught her how to use it. 1 year later, she still asks me to change her profile picture for her. So I do. Only once have I put a picture up with my kids in it, because I had it handy from Thanksgiving...but I don't have any of her with her other grandchildren so I'd never put them up. My half-sister has access to my dad's FB page and ONLY puts pictures of my dad up with her child, instead of any of his 16 other grandchildren. Just let it roll off. Even if the kid is favored...so what? Your child is still VERY worthwhile!
    SandyHack

Answer by SandyHack at 10:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Mqy first thought was "grandma has facebook!" my mil does not know how to even turn on a computer! I would not like it but I would not know how to change it either.
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 10:55 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I think I'm probably over thinking this.
    Isaidit

Comment by Isaidit (original poster) at 10:57 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I'm a grandma of nine and only have pix with one grandchild bc I only have that one picture of us together. I don't have pix of me with the other grandkids. It doesn't mean I only love him and not them.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:17 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• No I dont think so people do that sometimes. Do she have pictures with ur child?????
    inlovewith4

Answer by inlovewith4 at 12:17 AM on Jan. 24, 2011