Honestly, do you wash your hands (and wash them properly) every single time you use the bathroom???

I DO Every single solitary time I use the bathroom!!!!! And when I say properly.......I mean with hot (as hot as you can stand it) water and soap and lather it up in your hands for the time it takes you to sing Happy Birthday to yourself (I saw this on Oprah years ago, and have used this trick ever since).
I ask because It is a VERY rare thing for me to see another woman wash her hands properly when I am in a public restroom, let alone even wet them and pretend to wash. It really grosses me out, this is why I carry anti-bacterial wipes and sanitizer in my purse. I see it in the restrooms when I take my son to his pediatrician and to see my own doctor and at restaurants, and than see these women go back and sit at their table and eat food with their hands! It's repulsive to me!

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 10:49 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Health

• i do!! and i make sure my children do!! and my dd will most def call you our in the bathroom if you dont!! 'mommy why isnt that lady gonna wash her hands?? thats dirty & germy!!'
    sandjmom99

Answer by sandjmom99 at 10:52 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Oh my gosh! Yes I do!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 10:50 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Yes
    dominique1108

Answer by dominique1108 at 10:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• You bet I do. I hate to see someone leave without washing their hands, it makes me want to go after them and give them a lecture! LOL...
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 10:52 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• of course I do.
    Imane1215

Answer by Imane1215 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• i wash my hands ALOT. whenever i come back home from having went ANYWHERE. whenever i use the bathroom. & more
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 11:05 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• 95% of the time, unless I have a screaming kid at the door or someone knocking, then its just hand sanitizer
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:53 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Yes. Well, not at 2 am. Or when the dog is begging to go out but I've got to go first. But I wash after I let him out or I'd have to wash twice. I wash my hands too much as it is, and end up with dry and cracked fingers.
    I have come out of public bathrooms making comments about someone in front of me NOT washing their hands. Loudly, too. Hoping they have heard me. It's gross. My hubby laughs at me when I have to wash my hands after touching the buggy, before I will eat (like if we get snacks at the store). I have to wash my hands when we get to a restaurant, too. The steering wheel isn't clean ya know.
    My poor family. Sometimes I can barely even get all the words out to ask if they have washed their hands before they answer 'YES'.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:59 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• Nope. I use hand sanitizer. But I don't always wash when I am at home. I usually sanitize on my way out of the bathroom, but still...what are you doing in there that gets your hands dirty? I was taught not to pee on my hands :)
    Anonymous

• LOL Raine2001.......you sound like me, are you a Virgo by any chance?
    truthteller0722

Comment by truthteller0722 (original poster) at 11:06 PM on Jan. 23, 2011