any ideas for a good lap top for starting college classes

i'm starting college and would like a nice but too exspensive laptop to do school work on. Any ideas

dominique1108

Asked by dominique1108 at 10:51 PM on Jan. 23, 2011 in Technology

• My suggestion .. Get one with a large hard drive, large memory, and a large screen. You will need the big hard drive and big memory to house all of your files and probably pictures. If you do take a lot of pictures, then you're going to want a decent memory card and good screen resolution. Don't skimp on the things that you're going to use the most, because it's important to get your moneys worth.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:48 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• I love my HP Pavillion Notebook (at Costco).
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:01 PM on Jan. 23, 2011

• DELL... HPSUX!!! HP for starters will have you ship the entire computer to fix a minor issue, Dell ships you the part and doesn't even ask for the faulty part back! HP when they have a known issue like when my laptop's mother board was crap will give a time frame to fix it, and not notify you there are issues, than try and charge you $500 to ship and fix it, Dell on the other hand NEVER pulls such stunts, when it is their fault they fix it free of charge!

And if you are like me and can build your own... hit up a Fry's Electronic and buy all parts... building your own is always cheaper but no warrantee... Dell rock with that aspect
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 1:56 AM on Jan. 24, 2011